Multiuse belay/abseil device with innovative and compact design (registered design), suitable for use with half. twin and single ropes for mountaineering, multi-pitch sport climbing and trad routes.
Intuitive and easy to use, the BE-UP has a modular braking system to optimise braking with all types of rope and allow the auto-locking and independent belaying of two seconds.
Extreme flexibility permits:
- effective belaying of the leader. The particular shape of the BE-UP’s body allows rope to be paid out fluidly, rapidly and without jams;
- while belaying the leader on a multipitch route using two ropes, the BE-UP lets you pay out one rope while the other is locked-off, BE-UP is the only such device that lets you do this;
- effective, modular braking of the rope: the “V” notches are specially designed to guarantee better braking control when arresting a fall, abseiling or bringing up seconds;
- the bringing-up of one or two seconds, with auto-locking and each second being belayed independently of the other (GUIDE MODE). The BE-UP’s special shape and the attachment ring built into the body allow you to bring up one or two seconds using twin or half ropes with 0 2": 3 mm. You can continue to bring-up one second while the other is hanging with their rope locked-off in the BE-UP;
- the unlocking of the rope and lowering of one free-hanging second, without difficulty, with twin or half 0 2": 3 mm ropes. BE-UP is the only such device that lets you do this, simply by inserting a normal HMS karabiner in the unlocking hole;
- rapidly switching from taking-in (GUIDE MODE) to belaying the leader, for leading through;
- abseiling descents, keeping the ropes separate. The “V” notches allow you to effectively control the rate of descent, without twisting the
light, extremely functional form, for the highest performance;
- hot-forged body for strength, with the special anodized hard anti-wear HC;
- attachment ring is part of body, easily identified to prevent errors of attachment;
- plasticised steel cable, so you can’t drop the BE-UP and to limit its movement during belaying.
Weight : 85 g
For use with ropes: EN892-half or twin ropes Ø 7.3 - 9,0 mm and full ropes Ø 8.5 - 10,5 mm
Conforms to EN 15151-2:2012 type 4 - UIAA
Made in Italy